Faithful Way Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to talk about or ask questions about the spiritual events that affect your life and your health.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Self Improvement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

Self Improvement Empty
PostSubject: Self Improvement   Self Improvement EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 am

I shall start a new post here. The bible is replete with information about improving your relationship with Yahweh. We should be ever-mindful of his laws in our life, as this is the meaning of our existence. We can make this easier by concentrating on improving our lives with self-discipline and control.

If we just take it a week at a time, concentrating on improving only one aspect at a time, we can improve our relationship with Yahweh.

So - to start with, for the next couple of months, I am going to post a program that will help teach us what we are to look for that Yahweh wants us to change, if we need to.

We welcome all comments, as usual.

Love and blessings,
Linda

PS: Keep up the bible studies!
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

Self Improvement Empty
PostSubject: Week #1   Self Improvement EmptySat Apr 10, 2010 10:06 am

For Week #1:

Lovingkindness:

Christ said in Luke 10:27, the two most important commandments were to love God with all your heart, soul and strength and to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

We should concentrate on the second one as we spend a goodly amount of time on the first.

Start by asking yourself: What is my capacity to give love to another person? Do I have problems with opening up my feelings to another? Am I afraid of my own vulnerability and getting hurt? Am I being stingy or selfish? It it difficult for me to let someone else into my life?
Loving someone allows us to reach above and beyond ourselves. To really experience another person and to allow that person to experience us. Sometimes it is fear of rejection that inhibits us in this area. So let us perform exercises to help us overcome any fears and doubts in order to follow the commandment to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Day one: Find a new way to express your love to a dear one.
Day two: Help someone on their terms, not on yours. Apply yourself to their specific needs even if it takes effort. At the same time, the way to help includes allowing them to help you.
Day three: Offer a helping hand to a complete stranger.
Day four: Reassure a loved one of the constancy of your love.
Day five: Swallow your pride and reconcile with a loved one with whom you have quarreled.
Day six: Start building something constructive together with a loved one, this could be spiritual, emotional or physical.
Day seven: Highlight an aspect of your love that has bolstered your spirit and enriched your life . . and celebrate it.

Concentrate on these on each of the days. Come here daily and write down your exercise for the day and post it somewhere you can see it.

Next week we will concentrate on justice that you give.

Until then - May Yahweh bless all your endeavors this week.

Linda
Back to top Go down

Self Improvement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faithful Way Ministry :: Questions? :: About living a Christian life-
Jump to: