Faithful Way Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to talk about or ask questions about the spiritual events that affect your life and your health.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Talking to those of another faith?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

Talking to those of another faith? Empty
PostSubject: Talking to those of another faith?   Talking to those of another faith? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 5:09 pm

I know that it can get pretty exciting learning new things. It is common to talk to other people when you learn new things and get their feedback and what they think about it. I did this also. I did learn a couple of things along the way.

It is easy to get into "arguments" about scripture. You can easily fall into quoting scripture back and forth in a ping pong sort of way until one person says, "Oh, ya? Well what about this book, this chapter and this verse, huh?!?"

While it is enjoyable to some people to argue like this, (my Berta is one who enjoys a good argument), it is not a great way to talk about Yahweh.

We are supposed to live our lives as examples, 1 Corinthians 10:11) These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. That is the best argument you can provide. As you read the bible study, I expect there are going to be things that you don't agree with or have a question about. This is to be expected. But trying to "change" a person, well, that is religion. We can't be expected to believe all the same things.

I wanted to ask all of you to review this passage; Romans Chapter 14. There is a fine line between "rebuking" and "judging". We cannot judge, as we are not capable of living another's life and making their decisions for them. But, we can rebuke their actions or words. We know what is acceptable for a Christian to say and do and if someone is calling themselves a Christian, but doing and/or saying very UN-Christian things, then it is up to you to talk to them about it and even rebuke their actions or words by showing them in the bible where it says not to do or say what they are doing and/or saying. But they may not want to change. If that is the case, then your words probably won't matter. The best thing to do then, is to be a good example. Let them know you are concerned about their spiritual life, but you probably won't cause a big change in their lives. Most of you can look back and see that Yahweh had to prepare you to receive His true Word. The people you speak to may not be properly prepared for what you are telling them. You should plant seeds, though. Every time you speak of Yahweh, you are planting seeds, and He may or may not cause them to grow. At least you have done your part.

Am I making sense here?

2 Timothy 1) In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2) Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3) For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4) They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Rob
Master Administrator
Pastor Rob

Talking to those of another faith? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Talking to those of another faith?   Talking to those of another faith? EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:27 pm

Matthew 7:1-6 tells it how it is as well. Judge unless you be judged. If you read the passage it tells us we will be judged by the same manner we judge others. If you are living a sinful situation and then try to pass judgement on someone else for doing likewise, you would be a hypocrite. However if you can repent from the the sin and live apart from it and for Yeshuah, you can in fact at that point be justified in rebuking your brother or sister.
Yeshuah says that in verse 5 of the same chapter, do not be a hypocrite. So I understand it to say when you can judge without having your view blocked by personal gain or justification, then do so to set your brother or sister in Yeshuah on the proper path.
Luke 6:39-42 is another example of judgements purpose. Can a blind man lead a blind man? You must not be blinded by sin or greed etc. when judging others. Know your Fathers law.
Roman 2:1-4, is clear on this as well.
Back to top Go down
https://faithfulwayministry.forumotion.com

Talking to those of another faith?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faithful Way Ministry :: The Lions Den :: Being Christian in an Un-Christian society-
Jump to: