Faithful Way Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to talk about or ask questions about the spiritual events that affect your life and your health.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms Empty
PostSubject: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 11:20 am

Ramona had a good idea to start this topic. Anyone can tell us about their friends and family that are no longer with us. I look forward to hearing about the people that you knew and are now finding "Peace in Yahweh's Loving Arms"

If I may, I would like to start with my grandfather. He died when I was 10 and I still remember his face as if I just saw him. When I would visit him, I would fly into his arms. His joy at seeing me was always very plain. He would sweep me up in his arms and hug me to him hard. He always smelled like paint because that is what he did for a living, paint houses. When I was in his arms, nothing else in the world mattered because he loved me and that was all there was.
He had a heart attack when he was 59. He had gotten Type 2 diabetes, but had never been diagnosed with it. His heart finally couldn't take it any more.
I miss him.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 am

Just a few years ago - 2006, to be exact - I lost my Nana to lung cancer.

'Tis a shame to have had to see her go through it at a young age(I was 13, as she died before my 14th birthday), but... I rest every day knowing where she lay now.

I hope to see her soon, since I truly miss her; she was honestly the only real family I had... I don't mean that in a bad way, just what I mean by that is I stick out like a sore thumb in this family, due to my attitude towards life, my beliefs, etc.

She was the only one that I was ever really like... I miss her, but pray every day to see her again, though I'm happy knowing where she is.
Back to top Go down
Alena
Alena

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 1:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Ricky. Crying or Very sad
*hugs*
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: I am glad you shared   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I appreciate your sharing Your Nana with us. It is a credit to her memory that you talk about her and remember her in such a way.

I can commiserate with you Ricky, as my family is the opposite of me too. Family can be such an obstacle in your search for God. My parents really didn't have too much concern about God or religion in general and still have that attitude. When I met Pastor Rob, he was like me, looking for answers because he would look at his family and think, "there has to be more to life than this!" We began a 22 year search for Yahweh that has led us here.

Your fellowship with us is very important to let you know you are definitely not alone or the odd ball here! We are all with you in spirit and you are with us in our prayers.

I would have liked to have known your Nana. I respect anyone who can make such an impact on another person like she has on you. I know you miss her. Sad

But you can consider all of us your real family now, Ricky.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Rob
Master Administrator
Pastor Rob

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 6:54 pm

I feel the same way about my grandmother from Germany. I was 7 years old when she passed. I know she is in a good rest and I will see her someday. That is comforting to know what awaits us through the promise.
Back to top Go down
https://faithfulwayministry.forumotion.com
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 4:43 am

Alena wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that Ricky.
*hugs*

*Hugs back.*

It's alright, I know where she is now, so I've learned to accept my "loss", and realize it as her merely winding up in a better place than here.

lindakim2010 wrote:
I would have liked to have known your Nana. I respect anyone who can make such an impact on another person like she has on you. I know you miss her.

You're right, I do miss her, though it could have been a lot worse, considering what she went through; I just thank God that it didn't continue any more.

lindakim2010 wrote:
But you can consider all of us your real family now, Ricky.

Thank you, I do. ^_^

Pastor Rob wrote:
I feel the same way about my grandmother from Germany. I was 7 years old when she passed. I know she is in a good rest and I will see her someday. That is comforting to know what awaits us through the promise.

I couldn't agree more; it really makes you feel better to know just where they are, no?
Back to top Go down
Ramona

Ramona

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:56 am

I am deeply sorry for your Grandfather, Linda.
I am deeply sorry for your Nana, Ricky. Linda said well to you about us, your real family.
I am deeply sorry for your Grandmother, Pastor Rob.

I lost my grandmother Anja, she was 50 years old and then I was 7 years old. Breast cancer were taked her left breast, my father thought that was now over, that cancer were won. Sadly cancer recurrence and taked my grandmother away. Ten months along, my grandfather Pekka was 55 years old, he died to deep sorrow, because he and Anja were over thirty years together. My father broked inside spiritually his both parents died in one year. He buried his parents in mind he didn't want talk about, he started work hard like almost insane and begin to drink alcohol.
I lost my dear friend Crista in 2009.

Equally year ago in new year 2008, my father told me about my identical twin brother Rasmus. He died, because his heart wasn't enough strong. My own heart have gone bad condition and with surgeries it is again healed.
When my father told me about Rasmus, he sighed and whispered ”You look like my mother, but you also look like your brother.” Then he told me whole story. I went of course in confused, I had always felt I had empty place in my mind.
My father told me also this, his parents Anja and Pekka wanted to give for twin's germanic names Rasmus which means beloved and Ramona which means protector.
I always wished I had known my grandmother and grandfather better.

We know our dears are better place now, we shall memorize good and warm memories. Our dears live in our memories and walk with us, and watch for us.

We meet our dears in our night dreams. In my dreams I have seen my twinbrother Rasmus, few times and I know I have not anymore cry for him. He is happy and joyful in Kingdom of Heaven.

I know our dears are happy for us and watch our steps. They are in safe and with no any pain and sorrow in Yahweh's Loving Arms.

We are going to see our dears, when time is ready for us.
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:44 pm

I am so sorry for your grandmother Anja. Then to lose your grandfather so soon afterward, is such a tradgedy.

Thank you for letting us share your loved ones with you.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms   Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms Empty

Back to top Go down

Resting in Yahweh's Loving Arms
Page 1 of 1