Faithful Way Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to talk about or ask questions about the spiritual events that affect your life and your health.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

D-I-E-T is a four-letter word!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

D-I-E-T is a four-letter word! Empty
PostSubject: D-I-E-T is a four-letter word!   D-I-E-T is a four-letter word! EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:02 pm

Pastor Rob and I have found a way of eating that is simple and really has given us a lot of energy during the day. If you want to try it you can.

Here is the long and the short of it.

1. Stop eating "the whites" - white rice, white potatoes, white sugar, white flour-
This includes anything made with these items. Most Whole wheat breads have white flour as the main ingredient, so try to make your own using just whole wheat. Brown rice or legumes are OK for one meal a day.

2. Eat raw green and yellow vegetables at least once every day.
This is from the macrobiotic diet. The carbs from these vegetables are fantastic to your metabolism.

3. Eat every three hours. BE PRECISE AND VIGILANT HERE.
It is so important to be exact here. I first thought this would seriously make me fat, but if you remember to balance out protein, carbs and fats, you almost can't eat more than a few bites. Since we have been eating this way, we have so much energy.
Eat breakfast when you get up. limit this meal to 300 calories.
Eat EXACTLY every three hours, 3 meals of 200 to 225 calories.
Eat supper three hours before you go to bed, 300 to 350 calories here.

As you can see, 1200 to 1400 calories is all you are taking in, but you don't get hungry. If you skip a meal or are even 1/2 hour late, you get ravenous and really tired, so be really vigilant. I make rolls and send 3 little sandwiches with Pastor Rob when he goes to work. I cut the rolls and put in 1 tsp. homemade mayonnaise, 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard, 1 oz. deli sliced meat, 1 slice cheese, and lettuce. He can easily open one up, eat it in a few minutes and continue on with his work.

Let me know if this helps anyone out there! I cook a lot, so if you need recipes to go with this diet, I can accommodate you there, too. Very Happy Just post a reply/request here. I have lots of recipes, so let me know what you want.

Linda
Back to top Go down
Jennifer09

PostSubject: Food Laws and Health   D-I-E-T is a four-letter word! EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:21 am

Thank you Linda for the needed and timely advice. I realize how undisciplined I am around my meals, food etc. I enjoy cooking, but base when I eat on "how I feel" rather than committing to every 3 hours. I like that concept. I know for me, I do better with accountability, a "plan" so to speak.

For me I will start to incorporate some of those principles today, with eating every 3 hours.

And see it is 10:16am and I have not eaten breakfeast yet. So I will commit to doing that when I get back to my kitchen and go every three hours from there. That will be a great first step for me. I like the way you lay down the principles. One can begin where one is at and incorporate what we can.

I have a crock pot at home which is wonderful. My most recent recipe:

Crock Pot "Pot Roast"
2 carrots sliced
1 onion sliced
up to 2 potatoes sliced(or just more carrots)
up to 2lbs of beef roast
1 cup of beef broth

Put all veggies on the bottom of the crock pot, place pot roast on top add seasoning and liquid, cover and slow cook 10 hours.

For busy people or families, crock pots are a wonderful tool. Makes your home smell yummy and warm. Then with left overs you can freeze or enjoy for the days to come. Better yet, share a meal with a friend or bring a plate over to a family member or shut in.

So today I will begin eating where I am at every 3 hours.

Thanks Linda. Blessings

I like the idea of little sandwiches.

I have a huge problem with sugar and carbs, and find myself "snacking on them throughout the day". A little chocolate here, few chips there, ya'll are getting the point, 30 lbs later....AHHHHHHHH
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.   D-I-E-T is a four-letter word! EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:48 pm

Eating breakfast, a balanced breakfast, is so important. It will start your metabolism. (You can't get far in a car unless you turn the engine on and fill the tank with gas.) Your metabolism regulates your energy levels and how fast you burn fat. If your metabolism is sluggish from no fuel, then you feel sleepy, you yawn, and your brain slows waaayyyyy dddooooooowwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnn.

The little sandwiches are so simple and so balanced. That is what you want. Proteins for strength and stamina, carbs for energy and brain power, and fats to cancel your hunger- balanced out and working together.

I am interested in your pot roast recipe. What do you think to putting some brown rice or canned beans into it for starches?

I think I will try it.

Thanks for that! Linda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: D-I-E-T is a four-letter word!   D-I-E-T is a four-letter word! Empty

Back to top Go down

D-I-E-T is a four-letter word!
Page 1 of 1