Faithful Way Ministry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to talk about or ask questions about the spiritual events that affect your life and your health.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ricky

People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. Empty
PostSubject: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:54 pm

I have often met people who will tell you a lot about Religion, they'll even somewhat preach to you(I've had some tell me they do) about how much it's changed them... But then when they don't think people are looking, they change their personalities completely.

I once became somewhat friends with someone like this; his family was Religious, but I cannot remember which Religion, though I don't believe that matters too much.

Anyway, we used to be okay friends(More acquaintances), though he would always try to push his Religion on me, even though I told him I didn't exactly agree with his views.

So you can see where I was shocked to find out that he got arrested for theft... This depressed me, because he had always spoken up about how "people who steal make him sick", in his words, then he turned around and ended up stealing - if I remember correctly - a couple cases of beer; he was 16 at the time, I was 15.

*Sighs.* I always wonder what became of Jackie... I liked to call him that because he loved Jackie Chan movies.

I don't believe I've actually mentioned this to anyone before, but then again, I haven't talked to him since due to this.

Your thoughts on this subject are welcomed.
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: I must admit   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:33 pm

I must admit that the more people profess to being "Christian", the more I tend to distrust them. The worst thing people can do is call themselves "Christian" in order to coerce or get something from someone. Law #4 - You shall not take the Lord's Name in Vain. Of what use is taking the Lord's Name upon yourself if you just use it and throw it away? That would be a vain use of His Name.
Have you thought about what it means to call yourself Christian?
The dictionary definition of a Christian is:
1. Professing belief in Jesus as Christ or following the religion based on the life and teachings of Jesus.
2. Relating to or derived from Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
3. Manifesting the qualities or spirit of Jesus; Christlike.
4. Relating to or characteristic of Christianity or its adherents.
5. Showing a loving concern for others; humane.
This is also the apostle’s view of being Christian.
1 Corinthians 2:15) The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment: 16) "For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ.
To ‘have the mind of Christ’; to be Christlike. This is the definition of being a Christian. We need to be spiritual human beings making judgments about the things in our lives in the way that Christ would do it. We are not subject to any other man’s judgment, only God can judge a man. After all, who can know what God thinks so that we can teach God about judging someone else? No, we Christians think like Christ.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:51 pm

Yeah, I... I'll be honest, I don't trust the "Christian" Religion in the slightest.

It's not my place to judge, but it's a bit strange that they always say they will be a better person, only to jump back-and-forth from good to bad to good again.

I'll admit, my parents(Or my father, really) are "Christian", I believe... This is why I want an actual Religion I can trust, because I don't follow their views in the slightest, neither does my half-sister.

I just really want a Religion I believe in, and that's not exactly one of them, which is why I haven't found mine just yet, sadly.

I do hope someone can help me, because that is just not my belief.
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: Well, I just emailed you   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Well, I just emailed you a HUGE document that explains why we believe the way we do. It is alot to filter through, but, if you have questions, just ask. It will get you started tho.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 6:04 pm

I thank you in advance. ^_^

In fact, I might go ahead and start reading it, thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Rob
Master Administrator
Pastor Rob

PostSubject: Religion   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 pm

Religion is a strange word. I do not believe in religion per say. I only believe in the truth of scripture, the written word, especially after you have decifered it with the original languages. Religion puts their own twist on the truth to suit their needs or to tickle the ear of the people who "give" the most to their church of religion. I do agree people should give unto Yahweh God, so the money can be used to sustain a simple life for the shepherd, and the rest to the ones who need the help. People should also seek spiritual help as well as the financial. Yahweh will always provide to HIS children.
Anyway, many people fall into the luke warm catagory of spirituality and Yahweh says he will spew them from his mouth. Revelation 3:16
"So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth."
In other words you either believe in the truth and follow it or you do not and follow something else, even if it is nothing at all, because anything else other then Yahweh, is nothing. If you waiver from one side to another that you are worse then if you did or did not. What a choice. To believe and receive God's promise, To not beleive and not receive God's promise, to walk the fence and not receive either judgement, cause you are not worth either judgement. That is truth and we have the choice, no one else except Yeshuah speaks for us in this regard. Remember there is only one true GOD, Yahweh, and Only one truth and one set of laws. If you can not back up something concerning religion, with scripture in context, then its not true and not of God.
Back to top Go down
https://faithfulwayministry.forumotion.com
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 pm

Pastor Rob wrote:
Religion is a strange word. I do not believe in religion per say. I only believe in the truth of scripture, the written word, especially after you have decifered it with the original languages. Religion puts their own twist on the truth to suit their needs or to tickle the ear of the people who "give" the most to their church of religion. I do agree people should give unto Yahweh God, so the money can be used to sustain a simple life for the shepherd, and the rest to the ones who need the help. People should also seek spiritual help as well as the financial. Yahweh will always provide to HIS children.
Anyway, many people fall into the luke warm catagory of spirituality and Yahweh says he will spew them from his mouth. Revelation 3:16
"So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth."
In other words you either believe in the truth and follow it or you do not and follow something else, even if it is nothing at all, because anything else other then Yahweh, is nothing. If you waiver from one side to another that you are worse then if you did or did not. What a choice. To believe and receive God's promise, To not beleive and not receive God's promise, to walk the fence and not receive either judgement, cause you are not worth either judgement. That is truth and we have the choice, no one else except Yeshuah speaks for us in this regard. Remember there is only one true GOD, Yahweh, and Only one truth and one set of laws. If you can not back up something concerning religion, with scripture in context, then its not true and not of God.

That is an amazing way to look at it, honestly.
My only real problem with your message is that I don't quite understand all of it... Would you mind going into a bit more detail with, say, how to speak spiritual help?
Things like that are what I'm wondering, and anything you're willing to tell me I'd be interested in hearing.
Back to top Go down
Pastor Rob
Master Administrator
Pastor Rob

PostSubject: Seeking religion   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:35 pm

How do you seek religion? Well, first what is religion? It is a set of beliefs that you adopt and follow no matter what. How do you find the right one? You pray. Pray and study His Word. Get to know the Father Yahweh God just as well as you know your own father here on earth. His letter to us, 'the Holy Bible', is the place to go. We will help you here as best we can. Ask questions, study the answers, look them up for yourself. You are making a good start. The only Way is His Way and you are on the path. Don't let your feet get sidetracked.

Pastor Rob
Back to top Go down
https://faithfulwayministry.forumotion.com
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Well, I thank you for taking the time to help me any way you can, and I do hope that I'll find the one that's right for me.

I guess the best place to start is from the beginning, no?
Back to top Go down
Jennifer09

PostSubject: Living in the Word: Life through the Spirit: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 7:53 am

Ricky I too am discovering so much regarding following a faith, what are we to follow. I like Pastor Rob's reply, to discover who Yaweh is, by studying His word, asking questions, pray to be shown the truth. I believe if we permit the government, or TV evangelists, or anyone else to dictate the truth to us without researching, studying it and coming to it ourselves, we are not only doing a great disservice to ourselves, but will be lead astray.

I attend a Methodist Church for example but do not call myself a "Methodist" I enjoy the method I am a bid of a methodologist myself. I find comfort in seeing the way, the method, to follow, and yet when you have a set method it creates lots of room for man to come in, and put his own "spin" on it all. Leaves the door wide open to much. I am and Anglo/Saxon and baptized in the Anglican Church. Very ritualistic, but not a lot of self study, you are dependent on the priest to intercede for you, and your common book of prayer. There is no encouragement to study the word, and come to the truth, the truth is given to you from an Anglican priest and you just accept it and move on. If you don't understand it, well that's your fault. Those of course are my interpretations. I loved going to "church" with my grandparents, and the beauty of the candles, the quietness and peace, and yes sensed that there was great comfort available and protection. But I was taught at a young age to put that on man, to seek that comfort, protection, truth from man; primarily my grandpa and parents. Instead of discovering it for myself. Today I know where that comfort and peace come from, Yaweh, but because of all the installation of my past experiences, I still have the tendency to turn to man. Make sense?

So, I like you are on a fabulous adventure seeking the truth, under the watchful eye of our good sheperd Yaweh, and I thank God every day for Pastor Rob and his family. I have been emailing Pastor Rob over the past 4-6 months, and his wisdom, teaching, and guidance has blessed my life beyond measure. I am grateful for the repore I have with him, and hope you will too.

God Bless you friend, Jen
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: Religion? or none?   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 9:30 am

If I may interject here. I just wanted to say, in response to Ricky's statement that he wants to learn about our religion. We really are a non-denominational ministry. We have also looked for a place to "fit in" and found only worldly man-made sects. They are a comfort to some, but hold little of the Word of Yahweh God.
There are hundreds of church leaders who all have a different belief in how to please God.
A. Matthew 6:31) So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32) For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Fellowshipping should never be about what you look like, about how you dress or about what you eat or drink. I know that this sometimes seems the way to spend time together.
Matthew 7:7) Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8- For every one who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. 9) Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10) Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11) If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12) So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.
It is important to pray earnestly for truth and understanding. I would also like to point out that Jesus said, “this sums up the Law and the Prophets“, not replaces them, this points to a need for an in depth study of the Law and the Prophets. You can get a review of every movie or book that you are interested in, but you do not take that review to be a replacement of the actual feature. We should not replace the actual Law and the Prophets with the review of the ‘Golden Rule’.
There is no certain set of works that we all can do in order to get 'saved'. Since you are not me and I am not you, I cannot be equal to you in salvation, nor can I be expected to perform the same works as you to attain physical perfection and holiness. Your background is not the same as mine. Your opinions are not the same as mine. Your conclusions are not the same as mine; therefore, your salvation cannot be the same as mine. The responsibility that I have to you is to make sure you are aware of the truth of God by my words and deeds and in this way honor both Him and you, (this is the Golden Rule). Your responsibility to your fellow man is probably completely different than mine. That is why there can be no true 'religion', only truth itself.
Linda
Back to top Go down
Jennifer09

PostSubject: Living in the Word: Life through the Spirit: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:59 am

I agree with Linda, and sorry if I got carried away with my own experiences. Thank you Linda for getting us back on track. I consider myself "non-denominational" despite my background. Learning the truth and where to go for that is what is important. I guess I always thought I had to "pick" something to belong to, but am learning that in choosing Yaweh he makes the way or journey for me to follow. Thanks Linda.

Jennifer 09
Back to top Go down
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Well... Thanks to both of you, and I believe you might be right, and this:

lindakim2010
wrote:
this points to a need for an in depth study of the Law and the Prophets. You can get a review of every movie or book that you are interested in, but you do not take that review to be a replacement of the actual feature. We should not replace the actual Law and the Prophets with the review of the ‘Golden Rule’.

I couldn't agree more; you really shouldn't just read a summery of the Law and the Prophets, you should - in my view - study them to have a better understanding of them, because after all, how else would you know?

If I missed your point though, forgive me, just something I wanted to point out.

Last edited by Alena on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Could not tell who this user quoted.)
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: Miss something?   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 3:04 pm

It seems you didn't miss a thing, my young friend. I have a feeling that you won't stop until you get to the end.
Linda
Back to top Go down
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:51 am

Oh, how I hope you're right. ^_^

I thank you again for your time.
Back to top Go down
Ramona

Ramona

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 3:15 am

Ricky, I have noticed, you are person who want know everthing and that is really good!
I have knowed males from here Finland at you age and they are really badly lost. That is sad..

I have knowed also families who are used religion hide their true selves.
That is another story, but if you want, I shall tell you that, how I find out their true selves.

I am really HAPPY to know person like you, Ricky! cheers You are happy, lively and full of life!

In the end, we all learn from each other here, we get answers for our questions, advices and new opinions. Smile

GOD Bless you, Ricky!
Back to top Go down
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:58 am

Ramona wrote:
Ricky, I have noticed, you are person who want know everthing and that is really good!
I have knowed males from here Finland at you age and they are really badly lost. That is sad..

I have knowed also families who are used religion hide their true selves.
That is another story, but if you want, I shall tell you that, how I find out their true selves.

I am really HAPPY to know person like you, Ricky! cheers You are happy, lively and full of life!

In the end, we all learn from each other here, we get answers for our questions, advices and new opinions. Smile

GOD Bless you, Ricky!

I'm happy to know someone like you too, and God Bless you as well, Ramona.

And if you wouldn't mind, I would like you to tell me that story. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ramona

Ramona

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 6:15 am

Ricky, I tell you about family who used Religion to hide true themselves.

Over year ago I heard about family.
My friend Auli told me about them when we drank coffee in her kitchen.

When someone came to their house and came to meet family's father;
Family's house was always clean and tidy, everything were in their own places. Even carpet's ribbons were in straight line.
Family's mother were always visitor decorated. Family's father was always happy and said he is true christian and so is his wife and sons.
Their son's 17 years old twins, were polite and kind spirited young men.

When nobody didn't visit to them house. House hold was like this:

Family's father kept his children in tough discipline. Well, father were pure sadistic.
Their son's get caught about stealing, and when their father had to know that, he beat his children with willow's stick. Boys backs were one blood pulp and on back was many many deep hit marks of willow's stick. Family's mother was bad alcoholic. And she didn't care of her sons who father were beat.
Days were forward and boys were in hell their father started to enjoy his discipline lessons to his sons. In same day father disappeared, his wife were looking for him and also boys. They haven't find him.
Father were went in his workshop and putted door inside locked. He had launched his table circular saw. He had put his neck on circular saw. Circular saw were cut his neck about third. Then he stopped, he ran out of workshop and started looking for his wife and son's. Family found each others. Father apologized his sons about his doings. Sons were full of hate towards their father.

Boys are in now days in prison and story don't tell what happened to father, did boys finish him finally or was boys only stealing in prison. Mother knew to went in institution for alcoholism and violence acts towards her sons.
Back to top Go down
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:32 am

Oh, wow... o_o I thank you for sharing that story, as slightly depressing as it may be, but a very good example of what I was talking about.
Back to top Go down
lindakim2010

lindakim2010

PostSubject: When people judge.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 9:56 pm

It is sometimes hard to try to talk to people about their own specialty. It is so easy for them to jump into the role of the "expert" talking down to a "layman". When someone is an "expert" in a field and you ask them about someone else in the same field, it is sometimes almost too easy to put down the person even when they have never met.

Being insecure is mostly why people to try to nay say another who has knowledge that also have. We as human beings have a need to be looked up to. Sometimes this interferes with our ability to explain and teach to others.

When you ask another for answers, you should only receive answers, not rhetoric or nay saying about whomever you have asked previously. You are allowed to ask the same question of one or one hundred different people if you feel you need to have one or one hundred different perspectives. Having different perspectives is sometimes a good way for you to work out answers on your own. People speak from experience and no ones experiences are the same, so you will always get variations from different people.

Ask. Learn. As disciples of the Word, you have a responsibility to be thorough. When you assume your roles as apostles and begin teaching others , the extra insights will help you greatly. Keep up on your studies. MAKE THE TIME!!! This is of utmost importance. It is God's time.

Study to shew thyself approved. Good advice, Linda
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.   People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me. Empty

Back to top Go down

People who use Religion to hide their true selves sadden me.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Faithful Way Ministry :: Living in the World :: Life through the Spirit-
Jump to: